Tuesday 5 July 2011

Snippet of the novel...

Well, I promised I'd post a snippet, so a snippet shall I post now. This is what inspired the whole novel, and it just popped in to my head one night while lying in bed. I quickly grabbed my phone and wrote it down before I forgot it. Something I am so glad that I did. 
Anyway, here we go. Enjoy!!

 As she kneels over the still-warm body, her bare knees aching from the cold snow and hard cobbles below, the sound of barking police dogs and shouting officers rouse her from her trance. She quickly realises there isn't much time before the body is found, and if she is discovered at the scene of the crime, her new, more sensual life would be over before it really had a chance to begin...

From a rooftop, a tall, dark figure, her creator, turns up the high collar of his thick, heavy cape and turns away from the scene below, smkirking. He retreats to his lair, to await the moment his new apprentice realises she needs his help to survive this world of his, the moment he makes her his immortal slave...

No comments:

Post a Comment